Former African Footballer of the Year, Kalusha Bwalya has reacted to the ban by FIFA Adjudicatory chamber of FIFA Ethics committee to ban him for two years.
In a statement released by Kalusha who is also a CAF Executive committee member he was clear he will contest the decision saying FIFA’s decision is not final.
“I am surprised by today’s receipt of the notification from FIFA Ethics committee adjudication.I have instructed my legal team to immediately appeal this decision urgently and would like to state that I am NOT guilty of any offence,which allegedly too place”
“I have never and will never do anything to bring the beautiful game into disrepute and stand by the facts provided by me to the Committee”
“FIFA’s decision is not final and I will fight tooth and nail for justice to clear my name as I thank my fans for their continued support” the statement from Kalusha Bwalya read in part.
FIFA banned Kalusha Bwalya from the game for two years after an investigation into his links to banned Qatari official Mohammed Bin Hammam.
The adjudicatory chamber of FIFA’s Ethics Committee said on Friday that they had banned Bwalya, a member of the executive committee of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), for two years from “all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level.”
FIFA said in a statement they had been investigating the 54-year-old Bwalya since February 2017 “focused principally on benefits that Mr Bwalya had received from Mr Bin Hammam.”